Dr. Saxena completed his MBBS from GMC, Aurangabad, and MD in Psychiatry from King George’s Medical University, Lucknow.
With an objective to provide the best treatment to the patients suffering from various psychiatric disorders and to spread awareness about mental health, he has worked with various government and non-government bodies throughout the state. His area of interests includes Schizophrenia, Biological Psychiatry, and Forensic Psychiatry.
He specializes in offering individual treatment plans for all types of conditions including depression, PTSD (posttraumatic stress disorder), bipolar disorders, panic disorders, schizophrenia, autism, ADHD (Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder), OCD (obsessive-compulsive disorders) and eating disorders.
He also offers de-addiction help for substance abuse; alcohol, opioid, cannabis, and counseling and management of gaming/cell phone addiction and internet addiction.
- Life Ordinary Member of Indian Psychiatric Society
- Member of Indian Medical Association
“A study on Neuronal Nitric Oxide Synthase (nNOS) Expression in circulating neutrophil and nitrites in circulating neutrophil and plasma of drug naïve schizophrenia patients” under the guidance of Prof. P. K.Dalal, Prof. J. K Trivedi, Dr. Madhu Dikshit, Dr. Manu Agarwal, and Mr. P. K.Sinha.
- Kar SK,Saxena S,Trivedi JK; .Electroconvulsive treatment in catatonia of cerebrovasculo-coagulopathy: a case report; Journal of ECT 2013 Mar;29(1):e8-9. doi: 10.1097/YCT.0b013e3182656b00.
- Kar SK,Saxena S,Gupta B; Phobic anxiety disorder in hereditary hyperekplexia — Comorbidity or a coincidence: Case reports of two siblings. Neurology Asia. Jun2013, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p213-215. 3p
- A Tripathi, Bheemsain Tekkalaki, Shashwat Saxena, Himanshu Dandu; Iatrogenic dependence of anabolic-androgenic steroid in an Indian non-athletic woman; British Medical Journal Case reports 2014; doi:10.1136/bcr-2013-202472
- Shashwat Saxena, Sujit K Kar, J.K.Trivedi. Depression in neurological disorders, Indian Journal Of Behavioral Sciences, Oct 2012
- K. Dalal, Shashwat Saxena, Sujit K Kar; A case report on Klein Levine Syndrome; Indian Journal Of Behavioral Sciences, April 2012
- K.Dalal, Manu Agarwal, Shashwat Saxena, Adarsh Tripathi; Electroconvulsive Therapy in Special Population, Indian Journal Of Behavioral Sciences, April 2012.
- Bandna Gupta, Rakesh Yaduvanshi, Aditya Somani, Shashwat Saxena; Psychiatric Aspect Of Breast Cancer, Indian Journal Of Behavioral Sciences, April 2012.
“Psychiatric Aspects of Medical Disorders “ in Post Graduate Textbook of Psychiatry by JN Vyas & Neeraj Ahuja, 3rd Edition, Pg 780-792 with Prof. J.K.Trivedi and Dr.Adarsh Tripathi
- Paper Presentation at CIPCON, Kanpur; 3rd to 6th Oct’17
- Internet Addiction Lecture at CIPCON, Kanpur; 3rd to 6th Oct’17
Presentations And Lectures
- Lecture on Neuropsychiatric sequelae of Traumatic Brain Injury at Annual Conference of IAPP at Kolkatta 3rd to 6th Nov’16.
- Free Paper presentation : “Peripheral Neuronal Nitric Oxide Synthase (nNOS) expression in drug Naïve Schizophrenia Patients” at ANCIPS, 2013, Bangalore
- Poster Presentation: On “Epidemic Mental Disorders” at CIPCON-2011, Kanpur.
- Annual National Conference of Indian Psychiatric Society ,2014, Pune
- Annual National Conference of Indian Psychiatric Society ,2013,Bangalore
- CIPCON 2013,Lucknow
- Participated in Training of Trainers: Opioid Substitution Therapy under the Global Fund Round-9 India HIV-IDU Grant conducted by Emmanuel Hospital Association from 9th to 13th June 2014.
- Workshop conducted by Dr.Arun Kumar Gupta (Consultant and Cognitive Behavior Therapist, National Health Trust, London) on Cognitive Behavior Therapy at Department of Psychiatry, KG Medical University U.P., Lucknow from 18-20th December’13.
- Workshop conducted by Dr.Arun Kumar Gupta (Consultant and Cognitive Behavior Therapist, National Health Trust, London) on Cognitive Behavior Therapy at Department of Psychiatry, KG Medical University U.P., Lucknow from 26-28th December’12.
- Workshop conducted by Task Force on Non-Pharmacological Management In Psychiatry of Indian Psychiatric Society on Cognitive Behavior Therapy held in Lucknow on 13th Nov’10.
- Workshop conducted by Prof.C.R Mukundan from NIMHANS, Bangalore on “Neuropsychology” at Department of Psychiatry, KGMU, UP, Lucknow 11th -12th March 2013
- Workshop conducted by Dr.Urvaksh M. Mehta from NIMHANS on rTMS from 26th December to 28th December’2013 at Department of Psychiatry, KGMU, UP, Lucknow.
- National CME on Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Community Psychiatry organized by IPS Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Specialty Section & IPS Community Psychiatry Section at Lucknow on 11th Dec’10
- Interdisciplinary Research Conference held at GMC, Aurangabad on 23rd Feb’08
- International Seminar on Biotechnology for today’s world held at Kanpur, 2008