Dr. Sahai is a specialist in the field of sleep medicine.
His area of expertise focuses on sleep, sleep disorders, and sleep-related conditions including
- Insomnia (inability to sleep or sleep well),
- Bedwetting (nocturnal enuresis)
- Excessive snoring
- Nightmares (bad dreams) and night terrors (episodes of extreme fear)
- Narcolepsy (chronic, uncontrollable daytime sleepiness),
- Periodic limb movement disorder/Restless legs syndrome (PLMD/RLS)
- Sleep apnea (obstructive sleep apnea; OSA)
- REM behavior disorder (RBD)
- Sleep paralysis (inability to move when falling asleep or awaking)
- Circadian rhythm disorders
- Sleepwalking (motor activity, such as walking, while asleep)
- Teeth grinding (bruxism)
- American Academy of Sleep Medicine
- Life Member Indian Society for Sleep Research
Co-author with Dr. B P Singh on Book “Pearls in respiratory disease”-Indian Scenario Vol-1
Sub Investigator in Various Clinical Trial with Principal Investigator Dr. B P Singh, whose Poster presentation done:
- ATS 2008, Toronto, Canada-Real world study in India: (ASSET) on Moderate Bronchial Asthma for safety and effectiveness of .formulation of fluticasone propionate 250mcg and formoterol 6mcg.in the management of partly controlled and uncontrolled asthma
- ACCP 2010 Vancouver, Canada on a comparison of Fluticasone –Formoterol combination HFA pressurized meter dose inhaler (PMDI) and Budesonide –Formoterol combination HFA PMDI in patients with severe Persistent Asthma. And also in ERS 2010 Barcelona, Spain.
- NAPCON 2016, Mumbai -Clinical insight on Patient adherence in uncontrolled Asthma surveillance (CAPA): an Epidemiological Survey
Relevant Clinical Research Experience
UNDERGONE CLINICAL TRIAL ON
- Study # Real Life Effectiveness of Symbicort Therapy (SMART) in Asthma patients across Asia: SMART ASIA Poster Presentation in ACCP 2010 Vancouver, Canada and also in ERS 2010 Barcelona, Spain.
- Phase IV-A 12 weeks, double-blind, prospective, active-controlled, comparative; parallel group, multicenter study to assess the efficacy and safety of Fluticasone / Formoterol versus Budesonide / Formoterol combination administered through a pressurized Metered.
- A PHASE –II, 12 weeks randomized, double-blind, parallel group, placebo-controlled dose range finding study to evaluate the efficacy of Oglemilast in the treatment of stable mild to moderate persistent asthma.
- Phase IIIb A randomized, multicentre, double-blind, double-dummy trial comparing the efficacy and safety of test HFA formulation of Fluticasone Propionate (Cipla Ltd., India) with the reference HFA formulation of Fluticasone Propionate (Glaxo SmithKline Ltd., UK) in parallel groups of patients with persistent moderate asthma.
- Real world study in India: (ASSET) on Moderate Bronchial Asthma for safety and effectiveness of formulation of fluticasone propionate 250mcg and formoterol 6mcg in the management of partly controlled and uncontrolled asthma. Poster presentation in ATS 2008.
- Remox TB trial 2011
- PIONEER An observational practice based open-label non-comparative, multicenter study to evaluate the efficacy, tolerability and safety of Pirfenidone in Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis. —2012
- Spectrum Study-Protocol No.Monti Fx/02/12 post-marketing observational study, to evaluate the efficacy and safety of Monti Fx (Montelukast 10mg, Fexofenadine 120mg ) in adult patients with Allergic Rhinitis. (Abbott Health care Pvt Ltd)
- A Phase III, multicentre, Randomised, double-blind. A comparative study to evaluate the efficacy and safety of Intravenous Ceftaroline Fosamil Versus Intravenous Ceftriaxone in the treatment of Adult Hospitalized patient with Community-Acquired Bacterial Pneumonia in Asia.
- PRAISE STUDY: A Phase 2, Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Study to Evaluate the Safety and Efficacy of FG-3019 in Patients with Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis-2016, the Site is the highest recruiter of IPF patients in the world for the ongoing trial.
- “A prospective, observational study to evaluate effectiveness and safety of fixed dose combination of Indacaterol maleate 110 mcg + Glycopyrronium bromide 50 mcg in stable Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) patients” as per protocol number CQVA149AIN01, Version 00 dated: 7th May 2015.
- CP/02/15: An Open-Label, Prospective, Comparative, Multicentre, 2 Weeks Study to Assess the Device Handling, Human Factors, Ease Of Use, Errors and Participant Perception on Use of Synchrobreathe- A Breath-Actuated Inhaler Versus Pressurized Metered Dose Inhaler In Healthy Volunteers and in Patients with Asthma or COPD.
- CP/11/15: A randomized, prospective, open-label, comparative, parallel group, multicentre 12 weeks study to evaluate the efficacy, safety, and tolerability of Glycopyrronium/Formoterol FDC 25mcg/12mcg twice daily in comparison with Glycopyrronium 50mcg once daily in patients with moderate to severe Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD).
- Protocol No. CQAW039A2314: Protocol Title: “A 52-week, multicenter, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study to assess the efficacy and safety of QAW039 when added to existing asthma therapy in patients with uncontrolled severe asthma”.