Dr. Smita is one the best dietitian and nutritionists in Lucknow. She has worked as Guest Speaker in organizations like
- National Institute of Public Cooperation and Child Development (NIPCCD), Regional Center, Lucknow, Ministry of Women and Child Development, Govt of India
- Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Science (SGPGIMS)
- Uttar Pradesh State AIDS Control Society (UPSACS), Govt of U.P.
- Food and Nutrition Board, Lucknow.
- Arthritis Foundation of India
- Pepsico Pvt Ltd
She also has delivered lectures on Nutrition & Health, Adolescent Health, and Government Schemes on Health and Nutrition in various training courses at National Institute of Public Cooperation and Child Development, Regional Center, Lucknow, Ministry of Women and Child Development, Govt of India in 2005-07.
Her specialties include
- Oncology Nutrition
- Weight Loss
- Pediatric Nutrition
- Wellness Nutrition
- Management of Weight, Cholesterol, Hypertension, Diabetes, Dialysis, and Non-Dialysis, Gastrointestinal Disorders.
- Indian Dietetic Association, Lucknow Chapter
- Indian Society For Parenteral And Enteral Nutrition (ISPEN), U.P. Chapter
- Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition Society of Asia (PENSA)
- Indian Science Congress
- Breastfeeding Promotion Network of India (BPNI), New Delhi
Awards & Fellowship:
- Internship as a dietician for six months in King George Medical University, 2005
- Job training as a dietician in Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institution Of Medical Sciences in 2002 for a month
- Professional training in the Basic Acupressure organized by Bhartiya Acupressure Sansthan affiliated by Acupressure Research, Training & Treatment Centre, Allahabad.
- State level meeting of Homeopathic, Unani and Ayurvedic Practitioners on Infant and Young Child Feedings. (Jan 2006) NIPCCD, Lucknow
- Orientation Courses on Micronutrients for Senior Executives of Voluntary Organisation. (Jan 2006) and (Nov 2006), NIPCCD, Lucknow
- Orientation Course on Adolescent Health, Family Life Education & HIV/AIDS for the middle-level executives of social organization ( June 2006), NIPCCD, Lucknow
- Skill Training of Trainers of AWTCs/MLTCs on Recent Development on Health and Nutrition care of Women and Children. (Nov,2005) and (May 2006), NIPCCD, Lucknow
- Skill Training of Trainers of AWTCs/MLTCs on Infant and Young Child Feedings and Counseling. (Dec 2006), NIPCCD, Lucknow
- Paper presentation on Nutrition in ICU in National Symposium for Tertiary Hospitals organized by Abbott Nutrition at Hyatt Regedeny, Kolkatta, 2014.
- Paper presentation in Clinical Nutrition Symposium of the Indian Society for Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition at White hall, King George Medical University, Lucknow, 2005.
- Participated in 1st Annual Clinical Nutrition Symposium of the Indian Society for Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition at White hall, C.S.M. Medical University, Lucknow, August
- Obtained highest marks in Group C (Nutrition, Microbiology, Biochemistry) in B.Sc. II University examination. 2002