The ICU is a restricted area due to the serious condition of patients warded there. Thus, there are few special guidelines you need to follow while visiting.
- As these patients require ample rest, only 1 visitor is allowed at any one time.
- Wear isolation gown, gloves, shoe covers, mask, and use hand sanitizer before and after entering the area.
- You are advised to stay inside the patient’s room during your the visiting hours only.
- If you are asked to wait outside of the patient room, please return to the waiting area out of respect for other patient’s privacy.
- Visitors may be asked by the ICU staff to leave for short periods during nurses’ report, certain procedures, and emergencies.
- Doctor’s rounds usually occur during the morning, early evening, and at midnight. Due to patient privacy issues and the close proximity of our patient rooms to each other, visitors will be asked to leave the unit occasionally during these visits.
- Visitors are asked not to visit when they have potentially infectious conditions like cold and flu or any other kind of infection.
- Apart from these, you are also requested to follow the general visiting guidelines and also make sure you understand your responsibilities while you are in the hospital premises.